Director of Corporate Philanthropy
The Director of Corporate Philanthropy is a key member of the Isabella Santos Foundation. As a senior front-line fundraiser, he/she is responsible for inspiring philanthropic support from the corporate community for programs within ISF. He/she is responsible for setting strategies, developing and actively managing a portfolio of prospects and achieving annual and long-range corporate fundraising goals. Position is approximately 25 hours a week and work from home.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the growth of corporate philanthropy for ISF by securing increased support for core annual operations as well as special initiatives.
• Identify, research, evaluate, cultivate and solicit corporations and corporate foundations.
• Craft and draft proposals and gift agreements for donors.
• Grow Corporate membership program by both acquiring new donors and increasing support from existing donors.
• Proactively develop relationships with new funding sources leading to solicitation.
• Engage institutional contacts on a regular basis.
• Manage Board involvement in corporate solicitations.
• Assist and support capital campaign solicitations of corporate prospects, as appropriate.
• Ensure proper recognition and stewardship of corporate donors.
• Write and produce corporate donor communications including membership acquisition materials, sponsorship proposals, donor reports, invitations to events, etc.
• Provide fresh content for ISF website including corporate giving opportunities and updated supporter lists, ensure all online content is compelling, accurate and timely.
• Write corporate donor spotlight stories for website and donor newsletters.
• Serve as a point of contact for corporate donors hosting events as it relates to their philanthropy.
• Represent ISF at institutional and community events.
• Promote and assist with donor events at ISF.
• Maintain current and accurate contact and donor records in Blackbaud.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5 years of experience in fundraising.
• Enthusiasm for and ability to communicate ISF’s mission and programs with sincerity, persuasion and passion.
• Strong relationship-building skills facilitating the ability to team with marketing, learning experiences and exhibitions to deliver an unparalleled institutional donor experience at ISF.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit that enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
• Ability to work both as a team member and autonomously.
• Comfort and ease in speaking with high-level donors, as well as public speaking.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Some nights and weekends will be required.