Finance Manager (HIRED)
Positec is a new global brand company engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of power tools, lawn and garden equipment and accessories, which are sold around the world to professional contractors and home improvement enthusiasts. Since its founding in 1994, Positec has achieved industry-leading growth and employs almost 4,000 people in 12 countries to become a truly global competitor in the power tool industry. Positec is a company built on a passion for innovation, best-in-class customer care and a commitment to make a difference in the world.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love to help people and are passionate about customer service? Then we want to talk to you. We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done.
The Finance Manager is a key contributor within the organization. This position is responsible for managing accounting/finance department, supporting marketing and sales teams with timely decision support.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Manage accounting/finance department.
• Prepare monthly sales reports and maintain gross margin database by customer and product using MS Access or similar programs.
• Prepare “Gross to Net” analysis by customer which ensures full understanding of return rates and customer programs. Ensure proper accruals are maintained for all customer programs and that proper approvals are in place for all incremental programs and customer marketing support. Reconcile accrual accounts. Prepare necessary journal entries.
• Maintain customer pricing review process and template. Prepare pro forma contribution analysis for all line review and promotions.
• Prepare monthly sales forecasts and prepare the full P&L forecast quarterly by collaborating with the Director of Finance/CFO.
• Review marketing/sales expenses each month and prepare budget/forecast variance analysis. Ensure proper expense accruals are maintained for such expenses.
• Review current SAP prices for retail customers at customer level and standard pricing quarterly.
• Prepare Quarterly reporting for royalties.
• Perform Company/Transfer Cost Analysis.
• Prepare annual sales/gross margin budget and assist with marketing expense budget.
• Prepare month/quarter end journal entries as required.
• Prepare quarterly HQ billback calculation and journal entries.
• Preform ad hoc analysis.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA, CPA or CMA a plus.
• Minimum of 7-10 years in a financial or accounting position and minimum of 3 years of experience as a Manager is required.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting principles is required.
• Experience using SAP or any other ERP system is required.
• Strong computer skills with advanced to expert level in Excel.
• Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen.
• Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• An energetic, self-starter with an inquiring mind, initiative and ability to work as a part of a cohesive, collaborative •am in an environment that values excellence and results.
• Results oriented with a heightened sense of urgency.
• Ability to make good decisions and seek counsel and guidance when appropriate.
• Competitive wages.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid short-term-care, long-term-care and basic life insurance.
• Up to 3 weeks paid time off.
• 401(k) with company match after 30 days of employment.
• Fun, casual work environment.
• Employee outings and community service projects.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Health and fitness programs.
• Growth opportunities.
• Exposure and visibility to senior management to make a real voice of change.
• In-house Starbucks refreshments for employees.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.