The Leasing Associate is responsible for leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-family residential apartments. As the front line of the community office, Leasing Associates will provide customer service to current residents, potential residents, business partners and neighborhood partners. This job is located at the Holly Crest community in Huntersville, NC.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times. Exemplary customer service, attitude and professionalism are paramount.
• Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria. Record all prospect visits and initial.
• Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits.
• Assist prospect in completing application and secure deposit.
• Update leasing software, process applications for approvals and submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
• Maintain follow up communication via email and telephone.
• Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in.
• Prepare lease and assist resident with lease execution. Orient new residents to community.
• Inspect models and available market ready, communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
• Assist in monitoring renewals and lease expiration dates.
• Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
• Monitor advertising effectiveness and update all online marketing outlets. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
• Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
• Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.. Maintenance of signs for appearance and visibility is a daily activity.
• Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities.
• Consistently implement policies of the community.
• Complete appropriate application processing paperwork and input all prospect, applicant and resident information into leasing software system accurately and on a timely basis.
• Maintain current resident files.
• Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits.
• Patiently and empathetically listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
• Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc.
• Maintain open communication with all community team members.
• Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
• Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager.
Skills and requirements:
• Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
• Operate Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook, community software.
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
• Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
• Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
• Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
• Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
• Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
• High School degree or equivalent.
• 2+ years experience in customer service.
• Must obtain The Fair Housing Certification within 30 days of hire or prior to interacting with prospective residents.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
• Successfully pass a drug screen.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP).