Systems Developer – Analyst/Associate Director (HIRED)
Barings has an opening in the Charlotte Information Technology (IT) area for a systems developer/analyst to support the Production Operations area. This role will be part of a global team spanning the US, UK and Asia and will have the ability to work in diverse development technologies ranging from SSIS to .NET, with an emphasis on T-SQL. The candidate should be comfortable working in directly with business partners and troubleshooting/developing solutions quickly as needs arise.
The Global Production Operations team configures and monitors global batch activity, develops and implements solutions for data acquisition as well as database loads and extracts. The ability to approach a request, analyze and build stable, sustainable resolutions that can supported globally will be a core responsibility. This role also necessitates the ability to evaluate criticalness, research and troubleshoot or escalate production batch issues timely.
The team carries rotating off-hours support responsibility for critical code and will often collaborate with other development teams, subject matter experts and infrastructure teams as needed. Barings is a fast paced, changing environment and the team often manages multiple assignments and initiatives simultaneously to meet targets or deadlines. Project opportunities include but are not limited to data centralization, code regression analysis and for infrastructure upgrades, new application interfacing and client report development.
Technology skill sets:
• IBM Tivoli Workflow Scheduler or experience with another similar enterprise scheduler product.
• Secure FTP experience.
• Scripting experience including DOS/Powershell/VB Script.
• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
• Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services.
• Design patterns.
• Test plan development and execution.
• .Net technologies.
• Visual Studio, TFS, VSTS.
• Microsoft SQL 2008/2016 Server and T-SQL skills including: Functions, Views, Stored Procedures and Query Writing.
• Microsoft SQL Server.
• Web development.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a systems developer/analyst.
• Ability to understand business subject matter, workflows.
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, IT personnel and subject matter experts.
• Strong sense of urgency and desire to see solutions implemented expediently.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively within various levels of the organization.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.