Director of Corporate Communications
National Gypsum Company is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including Gold Bond® BRAND gypsum wallboard, ProForm® BRAND joint treatment products and PermaBase® BRAND cement board.
We have an immediate opening for a Director of Corporate Communications at our Corporate Office in the SouthPark area of Charlotte, NC and build your future with us. This position will report to the Vice President of Human Resources
The Director of Corporate Communications will be responsible for the communications strategy, development and delivery of a broad range of corporate and marketing communications, thought leadership and public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the market, company, products and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media, influencers and internal and external stakeholders.
Major responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute employee communications programs providing timely information on a consistent basis.
• Ability to write in a journalistic style for company publications and for external publications as required.
• Media relations experience – ability to provide advice and counsel to senior management on media issues and serve as the company spokesperson, interacting with members of the media in a timely manner. Write and disseminate corporate press releases as required.
• Public relations experience requiring interaction with groups and agencies in the communities where company facilities are located.
• Experience in speech writing for senior executives.
• Ability to work with senior management in developing presentations, speeches and key company messaging.
• Develop and maintain the company’s crisis management program, including its electronic notification system.
• Understanding of new technologies such as digital signage to communicate with associates.
• Experience developing scripts and producing corporate videos and the use of video technology to communicate with associates.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field is required, an advanced degree in business is preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience and a demonstrated track record of success at an executive level performance.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive, strategic communications, media relations program, social engagement to advance mission and goals.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
• Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
• Excellent and persuasive communicator.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
• Working in the prestigious SouthPark area of Charlotte.
• Free parking in a modern, friendly, business casual office setting.
• Competitive salary.
• 401(k) and match.
• Retirement account.
• 10 paid holidays.
• Life insurance.
• Short-term and long-term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts.
• Wellness Program with medical premium incentives.
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.