LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
The Financial Analyst will support the Mortgage and Home Equity products and will be responsible for providing analytics, industry and competitive research, tracking market share, projections and reporting as well as supporting the planning process.
• Develops, enhances and maintains financial analysis, budgets and forecasts for the Mortgage and Home Equity products.
• Monitors daily financial performance, understands internal and external business trends driving performance, identifies opportunities to impact key financial levers and develops financial forecasts based on this knowledge.
• Supports business line management in the evaluation of new strategic initiatives, including financial modeling and due diligence.
• Acts as key liaison between Finance product leadership to ensure that financial forecasts align with most current business trends and market conditions.
• Provides analytical support for ad hoc analysis as requested by senior management and other functional business units.
Required skills and experience:
• You have a positive attitude and people like working with you.
• You have uncommon common sense. You know when operating models and associated projections are realistic and when they are not.
• You can deal with rapidly changing priorities and a fluid environment.
• Computer skills including advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint, Hyperion Essbase.
• Excellent statistical analysis skills, ability to synthesize large data sets to arrive at key conclusions.
• Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or related program is required.
• MBA preferred.
• 2-4 years experience in Financial Planning and Analysis preferably with a public company.
• Previous experience supporting Marketing and/or Product functions is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Our clothes are casual and relaxed and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just get stuff done.