(1) Head to Davidson College Art Galleries to see Collected: Works of Art In Alumni Collections, a show of 49 artworks from the private collections of 20 Davidson Alumni.
Artists on view include N.C. Wyeth, Romare Bearden and Dennis Oppenheim, among others. Open through August 30: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10am–4pm. Closed Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.
(2) On Wednesday, August 5, join other artists at the networking event Art & Aperitif at Le Meridien Uptown.
Enjoy music & drinks while mingling with a selection of the Charlotte ArtPop winners: Jason Woodberry, Brian Rumping, Steve Graddick and Rose Hawley
(3) August 7 marks the next First Friday gallery crawl in South End.
Grab dinner at the food trucks and take a walk to Elder Gallery, Hidell Brooks Gallery and Lark & Key. We’re especially looking forward to the opening of Entwined at Ciel Gallery, with work by fiber artist Sydney Sogol and drawings by Tina Alberni.
(4) On August 14, take a trip to Cornelius for the Second Friday art crawl.
(5) On August 27, the Evening Muse hosts Drinks & Thinks: Arts Smarts with Dr. Angela Rajagopalan and Thomas Schmidt, both from UNC Charlotte.
The event is part of a series to help bring back the lost arts of conversation and dialogue, with a salon-style discussion based on visual art.