Associate General Counsel (HIRED)
Positec is a new global brand company engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of power tools, lawn and garden equipment and accessories, which are sold around the world to professional contractors and home improvement enthusiasts. Since its founding in 1994, Positec has achieved industry-leading growth and employs almost 4,000 people in 12 countries to become a truly global competitor in the power tool industry. Positec is a company built on a passion for innovation, best-in-class customer care and a commitment to make a difference in the world.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love to help people and are passionate about customer service? Then we want to talk to you. We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done.
This position is responsible for assisting our in-house General Counsel primarily on intellectual property matters, including patent, trademark and copyright review, opinions, prosecution, licensing and litigation. As needed, other duties may include contract, product liability, corporate, compliance and general legal matters.
• Supporting and/or managing an active IP portfolio, primarily focused on patent review, opinions (including non-infringement and invalidity), filings and maintenance, trademark review, protection and filings.
• Advising on substantive and procedural legal issues and conducting factual investigations in support of such matters.
• Providing advice to General Counsel and senior management on a range of intellectual property and other legal issues.
• Establishing budgets, coordinating with and managing outside counsel on various matters or projects.
• Helping develop strategies to avoid or resolve regional, national and international intellectual property disputes.
• Coordinating with counterparts in the US and China.
Education and experience:
• J.D. with admission to the bar of at least one state and 3+ years’ experience, in managing patent and trademark matters.
• Registered to practice before the USPTO.
• Mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or electronics background.
• Excellent academic credentials required.
• In-house experience a plus.
• International experience a plus.
• Strong client service focus and the ability to work independently and in teams, ability to work efficiently, to prioritize workflow, to meet demanding deadlines and to manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
• Ability to handle work assignments consisting of major legal tasks for which considerable legal judgment, experience and independent reasoning are required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Positec is proud to offer world-class benefits, including:
• Competitive wages.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid short-term-care, long-term-care and basic life insurance.
• Up to 3 weeks paid time off.
• 401(k) with company match after 30 days of employment.
• Fun, casual work environment.
• Employee outings and community service projects.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Health and fitness programs.
• Growth opportunities.
• Exposure and visibility to senior management to make a real voice of change.
• In-house Starbucks refreshments for employees.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.