Database Reporting Analyst
• Create and maintain Microsoft Sharepoint intranet sites, convert/re-engineer intranet sites, applications and reporting mechanisms to current technologies focusing on cloud-based solutions.
• Support Office 365 products.
• Work with external software and network support providers to resolve problems and issues.
• Work with user departments to gather business requirements, provide data mapping specifications, design integration applications and databases, extract-transform-load, data cleansing, job-scheduling, job failure recovery and support.
• Suggest ways to streamline/improve business processes and application integrations with systems such as, but not limited to, AudienceView, Solver BI360, Microsoft Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics, Ariett.
• Proficiently code, test and implement SQL code for various database platforms including, but not limited to, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
• Proficiently code, test and implement custom programming in various languages including, but not limited to, PHP, Visual Basic and C#.
• Design and implement reporting solutions which provide required business functionality for users across the organization.
• Using Microsoft SQL Reporting services, maintain and support current reports which query various SQL databases.
• Work with internal and outside entities to procure and provide data from/to 3rd party systems, including data mapping, extract-transform-load using proven exchange methodologies (including functional acknowledgement and verification), data cleansing, job-scheduling, job failure recovery and support.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Make Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) server changes as required.
• Coordinate support for existing Visual Basic or C# development.
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
• Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
• Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
• Back up network data.
• Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
• Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches.
• Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
• Document network support activities.
• Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
• Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
• Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts and others to understand business or industry requirements.
• Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures.
• Set up database clusters, backup or recovery processes.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Scrub data by reviewing and confirming accuracy of data to locate and correct problems.
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Confirms project requirements by studying user requirements, conferring with others on project team.
• Maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
• Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing personal networks, participating in technical societies.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Determines changes in physical database by studying project requirements, identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space and access method.
• Changes database system by coding database descriptions.
• Maintains user reference by writing and revising database descriptions to keep documentation current.
Minimum training and experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or other relevant field, supplemented by 3-5 of experience in software development, database design and administration, SQL reporting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.