Senior Web Developer
SignUpGenius simplifies the process of coordinating events and people by providing online sign ups for nonprofits, schools, sports, churches, families, colleges, businesses and organizations. By enabling up to 14 million unique visitors per month to sign up for tasks online, SignUpGenius has done away with the need for paper sign ups and reply-all emails. Working for this company involves being part of a fast-paced, creative team environment in order to maintain the largest volunteer management service on the internet.
We’re a large B2C SaaS company – and by large, we mean 10-14 million unique visits every month. Providing online sign ups for groups to get organized and do powerful things in their communities, gets us going every day.When you work for us, you’re signing up to build and ship with an agile team of people who like to get things done, simply and at huge scale.
• Full time (consistent 45 hours per week).
• In our office – Ballantyne Corporate Park, Charlotte NC.
• No relocation assistance.
• Salary is DOE.
• Benefits include 100% employee health care premium paid (dependents at 80% paid), 401(k) matching, 8 holidays, PTO, matched giving program, end-of-year bonus, plus much more.
We’re also open to two types of remote options:
• Full-time with benefits – 42-45 hours a week, 100% employee health care premium paid (dependents at 80% paid), 401(k) matching, end-of-year bonus, PTO and 8 holidays. You provide your own equipment. Work a typical business day schedule that you set for yourself, so we know you can connect with your team when needed. This role is for outside of Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas only.
• Hourly, no benefits – 35 hrs/wk minimum with no benefits and you provide your own equipment. We’ll figure out a consistent schedule with you that works for you and the team. This role is for outside of Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas only.
• Planning/architecting new development projects.
• Refactoring existing site features for improved performance and/or scalability.
• Writing/optimizing SQL queries for improved database performance.
• Interacting/supporting users with complex problems experienced on the site.
Qualifications we want to see:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or experience.
• Experience with cloud server architecture from Amazon AWS or equivalent service.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and processes in simple terms.
• Ability to interact well in a team environment.
• A positive, flexible, can-do attitude.
• Experience with UX/UI is a bonus.