Meeting and Event Coordinator (HIRED)
You’re serious about your career and rest assured you’ve come to the right place. At Sonic Automotive, you’ll find the opportunities, resources and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100 dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory, they’re committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Meeting and Event Coordinator is responsible for providing logistical planning and support to the Company’s special events. Ensures that all event details are ordered, delivered and coordinated on-time and at a high level of quality. Provide on-the-ground support to all events as necessary. Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company and conducts Company functions and special events nationwide. This Corporate-level position is very visible, highly accountable and reports to the Project Coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Plan, organize and equip all corporate meetings, special events, workshops and the Carpe Diem roadshow series.
• Purchase event supplies, refreshments, meals, coordinate transportation and hotel accommodations.
• Coordinate events with leadership to ensure meeting objectives are met.
• Maintain 70% travel schedule and work in a remote office environment with a high degree of independence and efficiency.
• Flexibility is essential, as is ability to take on ad-hoc assignments and other duties as they arise.
• Strong time management skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite applications, especially Excel.
• Proficient in Mac interface and applications including Keynote.
• High attention-to-detail, strong problem solving skills, ability to think quickly on feet, outgoing and personable, creative and proactive, ability to think outside the box.
• Ability to manage a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 2-years’ experience in an administrative support role.
• Event planning and scheduling experience preferred.