Social Media Analyst (HIRED)
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The mission of Wells Fargo Marketing is to build the best possible brand, experiences and engagement with our customers and stakeholders that reflects our commitment to our customers and their needs and to driving key business and stakeholder outcomes. In support of this mission, Marketing is responsible for developing integrated marketing strategies across Wells Fargo’s business lines and geographies; leading brand strategy; leveraging deep insights and analytics about consumers and businesses; executing customer messaging across all channels and touchpoints; and building out capabilities that move toward real-time, always-on, personalized and compelling messaging and digital experiences.
Marketing, Digital & Social Capabilities team sets the vision, creates the roadmap and leads the creation of world-class marketing technologies, social capabilities and marketing and sales digital customer experiences to create differentiated customer experiences and to enable industry-leading revenue growth, scale and efficiency for Wells Fargo.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepare deep dive qualitative analysis around social media discussion topics, brand attributes, product and service lines and consumer segments using social media listening tools and techniques.
• Collaborate closely with the internal stakeholders, including lines of business and marketing partners, to understand internal client needs and establish proper analysis methods to answer key business questions.
• Understand and leverage existing social media tools and internal data sources to translate social media data into insights that influence internal decision making and drive business outcomes.
• Develop and maintain social listening and intelligence dashboards aligning with social media team and marketing KPIs, providing relevant and actionable recommendations that lead to performance optimizations.
• Support production and analysis of social listening reports and dashboards, integrating with the key internal stakeholders to set expectations for communication and delivery.
• Work collaboratively across the social media team to execute initiatives on the social listening roadmap as needed, including shaping future best-in-class intelligence capabilities for the organization.
• Recognize and identify inconsistencies or inaccuracies in tools, data, measurement frameworks and methods of analysis and be able to take corrective measure to resolve.
A successful team member will demonstrate:
• An ability to craft stories with data and present learnings in a cohesive and visually compelling manner.
• A consumer-centric mindset and a desire to drive best-in-class experiences for internal and external customers.
• An ability to focus in on the most salient data and effectively share information with senior-level stakeholders.
• Willingness to adapt to new direction based on changing business priorities and evolving capabilities.
• Analytical mindset, comfort working with large data sets and navigating highly nuanced data.
• Up to date knowledge of the social media ecosystem and digital trends.
• Strong collaboration/relationship building skills; with a focus on teamwork and cross-organizational partnerships.
• Project management skills with an ability to drive ideas from inception to execution.
• An ability to identify issues, risks, proactively solve problems and make recommendations in a logical manner.
• 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following – marketing, digital marketing, digital platforms or social media.
• 3+ years of digital marketing experience.
• Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to think strategically, implement and deliver business objectives.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• A BS/BA degree or higher in marketing or communications.
• Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills.
• Previous experience with social analysis tools such as NetBase, Brandwatch, Sprinklr or Crimson Hexagon.
• Exposure to Natural Language Processing (NLP) or machine learning.
• Basic familiarity with statistical analysis software (SPSS, MiniTab).
• Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis or leading projects working with market research companies such as Nielsen and Millward Brown.
• Comfort and familiarity working with data from social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Pinterest.
• Previous experience analyzing consumer comments, focus group data or voice of the customer (VOC) feedback.
• Experience presenting and packing data in compelling ways in order to influence business decisions.
• Previous experience working with or developing strategic or analytical frameworks.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.