Communications Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit www.lowes.com.
The purpose of the Sales & Operations Communications Manager position is to manage and support the internal messaging and editorial needs of the business through evolving communications vehicles and technologies while subsequently and successfully achieving the goals of the business, our internal partners and our team. This includes responsibility for developing and delivering formal communications to over 250k Lowe’s employees, field employees and applicable stakeholders. The role is critical to Lowe’s as it has multi-dimensional responsibility and helps control all facets of the communication process including editorial, operational, technical and strategic deliverables across multiple business functions.The team’s mission is to provide store, field and other employees with relevant, timely and accurate information that promotes engagement in company initiatives, helps employees be successful in their roles and drives Omni-channel service and sales execution.
Working under the Operations Support umbrella, we do this by:
• Consulting and collaborating, strategically and tactically, with business and communication partners across the enterprise
• Planning and developing intentional, audience-driven communication strategies
• Delivering simple, effective and highly informative messages through the most impactful communication vehicles
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Leads a team of communication professionals and subject matter experts.
• Helps lead and direct the development and delivery of formal communications to Lowe’s employees using media such as email, Lowe’s Intranet, task management, weekly newsletters (e.g. Sales Planner) and more.
• Manages the content review and approval process of various messages, often working closely with executives and business partner leadership to ensure communication best practices, compliance and realization of intent.
• Has oversight and accountability for various communication deliverables within the team’s function, develops relevant materials/resources/tools to support those deliverables.
• Participates in activities and workstreams on behalf of the team’s Director.
• 4-year degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Television / Media, Communications or related field of study, equivalent applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational background.
• 5+ years of professional communications experience in communications role or industry.
• 3+ years of management or supervisory experience directly leading teams or leading through others on large-scale projects.
• Ability to develop and manage both small and large-scale communications plans and projects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including style, content and grammar, must have flexibility to write various levels of copy based on the audience and method of delivery.
• Solid interpersonal and presentation skills, able to articulate messages or needs in writing or verbally, can effectively present and persuade – as necessary – those messages to leadership, business partners and internal customers.
• Must be a champion and advocate for Lowe’s employees.
• Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Television / Media, Communications or related field of study.
• 7+ years of professional communications experience in communications role or industry.
• 5+ years of management or supervisory experience leading teams or through others on large-scale projects.
• 2+ years of operations experience.
• Corporate experience in a large organization, preferably in retail.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.