Web Developer – Associate Director (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
This developer will join a team focused on full-stack web development for our website and CMS. The team supports our Business Development team in delivering an industry-relevant, multi-lingual website to the investment community around the globe. This position reports to a team lead in the Technology Solutions Group and is located in Charlotte, NC.
• Design and implement custom content management system.
• Work with design team members to construct appealing front-end content and integrate with back-end.
• Use modern frameworks to develop responsive content with sleek transitions and interactive features.
• Build data imports/exports and automation jobs.
• Remedy security threats as identified.
• Test changes and optimize performance.
Technology skill sets required:
• React or Vue.
• Minimum 3-5 years of full-stack web development experience.
• Mastery of Object Oriented Programming.
• Expertise with PHP and Laravel frameworks.
• Expertise in responsive framework like Bootstrap or Foundation.
• Expertise in integrating front-end designs with content management systems.
• Experience with caching and other website performance technologies/services.
• Experience with RESTful API design.
• Experience building/using relational databases and writing advanced queries, especially MySQL.
• Experience with JSON, XML and SOAP.
• Experience with version control (GIT).
• Functional knowledge of security risks and solutions within web development.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, project-driven environment.
• Ability to function independently and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to understand business concepts and interpret business partner requests.
• Strong sense of urgency and desire to see solutions implemented expediently.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively within various levels of the organization.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.