House hunting? The market is traditionally slow this time of year, but that can also mean a chance to snap up a house with less competition.
Or maybe you just want to spend a gray, chilly weekend nosing around in some of the city’s fanciest neighborhoods.
Here are 10 picks for interesting open houses this weekend: Saturday, Jan 13 and Sunday, Jan 14.
448 Bertonley Avenue — $1,099,000
- Neighborhood: Cotswold. 5 Points Realty has the listing.
- When: 12-3 p.m. on Saturday, January 13
- Noticed for: Big, bold, brand new construction in one of the city’s hottest neighborhoods inspires curiosity. AKA nosiness.
- Listing: “Stunning new home! This spacious and open 5bed/5.5 bath home won’t disappoint. Quiet street in the heart of Cotswold. High-end finishes and thoughtful details can be found throughout, including gourmet Wolf Kitchen w/ 10′ island, expansive covered deck for entertaining, oversized 2 car att.gar, lux. spa-like owner’s retreat, and more. Huge 3rd flr bonus/theater room/6th bed with full bath.”
2201 Malvern Road — $999,000
- Neighborhood: Myers Park. Anne Bell from CottinghamChalk Hayes has the listing.
- When: 12-2 p.m. on Saturday January 13
- Noticed for: Gorgeous street and cute cottage architecture.
- Listing: “Modern 4bd, 2.5ba floorplan. Tall ceilings, large light filled rooms, hardwood floors, beautiful moldings and arched entryways contribute to the impeccable charm of the home…Master suite has tray ceiling, great closet space and spacious bathroom with dual vanities. Wonderful patio and fenced flat backyard!”
2119 Hopedale Ave – New price drop: $1,875,000
- Neighborhood: Myers Park. Marissa Boyle with Keller Williams has the listing.
- When: 2-4 .p.m. on Saturday, January 13
- Noticed for: With mentions of places in this house perfect for 1) hiding away to eat, 2) hiding away to garden and 3) hiding away to read, the people behind the design sure know their target audience. Me, but with money.
- Listing: “Swoon worthy design by Frank Smith and crafted by Halley Douglas Homes in the heart of Myers Park. Downstairs and Upstairs master suites, Sub-Zero fridge, Wolf range, custom copper gutters, exercise studio, a sunroom to curl up and read a good book in & flex space w/ full bath above the 2 car garage.”
3038 Simpson Drive — $700,000
- Neighborhood: Plaza-Midwood. Keller Williams has the listing.
- When: 1-3 p.m. on Saturday January 13
- Noticed for: Plaza-Midwood fans, you’ve been watching this new construction go up, now’s your chance to peek around.
- Listing: “New construction… You’ll love the multiple options in this floorplan with a master suite and guest suite on the first floor, and two bedrooms on the second floor, with connected bathrooms.”
2013 Kenwood Ave — $625,000
- Neighborhood: Midwood. Mark and Vivian Munson of HM Properties have the listing.
- When: 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, January 14
- Noticed for: 1930s charm plus that adorable yellow exterior
- Listing: “This beautifully updated 1930’s Midwood bungalow offers the character of an older home with the conveniences of new construction. The kitchen includes custom cabinets, granite countertops and SS appliances. Large owners suite includes a luxurious master bath and generous closet space. Generous fenced lot.”
5844 Lagrande Drive – $325,000
- Neighborhood: Highland Creek. Dustin Bigger of Coldwell Banker has the listing.
- When: 12-5 p.m., Saturday January 13
- Noticed for: Because maybe the best time to snag a golf course house is exactly when everyone is too cold to go outside.
- Listing: “Spacious 4 BR home w/ office & open fl plan. Upgraded kitchen-tile, SS appliances, gas cook-top, 42″ cabs. Upgraded flooring/fixtures. GR boasts cathedral ceilings & updated fireplace, Built-ins thruout. Landscaped yard w/ lighting, retaining walls, stone paths, covered porch, fenced bkyd, patio w/ fire pit, 3 tiered deck, irrigated full yard, side-load garage.”
9418 Windygap Road – $799,900
- Neighborhood: Lake Wylie, Charlotte side; Brown’s Cove subdivision. Lake Wylie Realty has the listing.
- When: 1-4 p.m. on Saturday, January 13th and Sunday, January 14th
- Noticed for: If you want to avoid competitive crowds at the lake, January is the time to do it.
- Listing: “221′ waterfront. HUGE window in the kitchen with panorama view of the lake. Beautiful screened porch. Unique opportunity with basement rental unit. Home equipped with an elevator. Listed as a 3- bedroom because of septic permits, but home has 5 bedrooms.”
Sunday, Jan 14
2008 Greenway Avenue – $559,900
- Neighborhood: Elizabeth. Sharon Maney with Berkshire Hathaway has the listing.
- When: 1-3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 14
- Noticed for: Very pretty Dutch Colonial; hard to find a single-family Elizabeth home under $600,000.
- Listing: “Charming 3 bedroom Dutch Colonial home minutes from Uptown. This Elizabeth home features many upgrades while keeping intact the original wood floors, leaded glass windows, and original doors with glass doorknobs. You’ll find plenty of space for expansion and freedom to customize this property!”
17429 Hawkwatch Lane – $539,999
- Neighborhood: Steele Creek; The Palisades. Allen Tate has the listing.
- When: 2-4 p.m., Sunday, January 14
- Noticed for: Curious about the new Montage community at The Palisades down in Steele Creek? Here’s your chance to nose around.
- Listing: “This home features a gorgeous chef’s kitchen with a 5 burner gas cooktop, double ovens, and a beautiful white Farmhouse sink. The Master bedroom is on the main, with a deluxe spa-like bathroom. The guest suite is on the main. Oversized landscaped lot w/invisible fence, irrigation and a fire pit.”
530 Magnolia Avenue – $1,439,000
- Neighborhood: Dilworth. Chuck Adkins with Keller Williams has the listing.
- When: 2-4 p.m., Sunday, January 14
- Noticed for: Like the Cotswold home, once again here, big, bold, brand new construction in one of the city’s hottest neighborhoods inspires curiosity.
- Listing: “New Construction. 4 beds, 3.1 baths, 4343 sq. ft. Amazing custom home with a special touch in finished design on lovely level corner lot in beautiful Dilworth neighborhood built by RAM Construction.”
68 Total Views 2 Views Today