Part-Time Office Administrator
The Community Foundation of Gaston County strengthens our county by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. The Foundation’s vision is to be the leader of philanthropic giving by connecting donors with community needs to enhance the lives of present and future generations. The Community Foundation of Gaston County values diversity and inclusion therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices and backgrounds of all individuals in our community.
The Office Administrator is a part-time position. Hours considered for the position are 9 a.m.-1 p.m. or 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operate front desk client services; office reception including primary phone call answering and referral and e-mail.
• Provide general clerical support and scheduling coordination to President and Donor Development Officer.
• Daily post office pick-up and mail processing.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies.
• Assist Financial Officer with donation letter preparation, check mailings, copies and record filing.
• Operation of Benefactors Memorial Program by processing requests of donors by sending memorial cards, posting the memorials on website and preparing list for Annual Report.
• Preparation of other mailings, reports, news releases as needed, including bi-annual Fund holder letters, Benefactor Memorial Program and Legacy Society members’ mailing.
• Assist with meeting scheduling for committees, Board meetings and Community Foundation RUN meetings, as well as coordinate scheduling with Heart Society and other organizations within the community who request use of the conference room.
• Arrange for meetings by organizing agendas, attachments and Power Point presentations with direction from President/Development.
• Organize meals, snacks, beverages for meetings as necessary.
• Coordinate with office equipment vendors including: telephone, website, computer system, copier.
• Assisting in social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
• Minimum requirement of high school diploma.
• Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Needs strong ability to set priorities, solve problems and be resourceful under pressure.
• Outgoing personality and ability to interact with a variety of clients and constituents.
• Comfortable in fast paced environment and able to manage multiple projects with high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point) and applications such as constant contact.
• Knowledge of social media channels is preferred, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.