The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of Memory Center Charlotte’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
• Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
• Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
• Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
• Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequests expectancies.
• Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
• Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
• Oversee prospect research.
• Work with closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
• Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Memory Center Charlotte with the community.
• Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities
• Coordinate fund raising special events
• Maintain gift recognition programs.
• Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
• Must embrace the mission of Memory Center Charlotte.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, good listening ability and keen problem-solving abilities.
• Experienced user of Windows, Excel and Microsoft applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications.