Strategic Sourcing Manager
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We strive to provide comprehensive, quality and an affordable suite benefits. Our employees are eligible for Medical, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability and 401K and other benefits.
Who our client is:
• $4 billion services company in South Charlotte.
• Aggressive growth to include strategic acquisitions.
• Fastest growing in industry.
• Approximately 400 service locations, provides greater opportunities for career growth and development as the company continues to grow and sets the standard for operations in this industry.
• Great leadership team, open door policy with lots of energy and ideas.
• Large company in terms of revenue, locations and employees (6500).
• Large corporate office (right at 250) but still small enough to get to know the people you work with, not just a “number”.
Why you should consider this opportunity:
• Dynamic company, willing and able to change frequently.
• Discount program on everything from cell phone plans to vehicle purchase plans to movie tickets, Hornets tickets, Tickets at work program (national program), on site gym, etc.
• Ability to be noticed/promoted/make an impact, not an organization where everything has already been decided and you just plug-n-play and follow an SOP and have no input.
What you will do:
• Candidate responsible for developing the supply based sourcing strategy for company equipment, indirect materials and outside logistics spend, based on fleet direction and integrate into the business planning process.
• Manage the identification, evaluation, engagement and management of key supply partners.
• Promote an environment with suppliers where continuous improvement is the goal.
• Reduce costs, improve efficiencies and secure favorable commercial terms while cultivating long term, mutually beneficial relationships with preferred suppliers that ensure continuity, retention and continuously strengthening support of our business plan.
• Manage the supplier identification, selection and negotiation process, establish and maintain contractual and executive level business relationships with suppliers, monitor contractual compliance and adjust sourcing strategies based on changing business needs.
• Conduct complex multi-million dollar contract negotiations encompassing all commercial and support variables related to these valued long term relationships.
• Lead the development and implementation of procurement strategies and initiatives that effectively address the need to reduce the total cost of equipment ownership.
• Develop supply planning methods and processes which incorporate the use of demand planning to optimize equipment delivery to synchronize with operational requirements.
• Support the management of multimillion dollar Indirect Materials and SG&A spend with emphasis on growing compliance to these programs to more effectively leverage categorical spend.
• Support the management of the company’s outside Logistics spend including incoming truckload freight, LTL freight, outside hauler spend and small package programs.
• Promote and institutionalize a standard set of contracts for ease and quality of administration.
How you are qualified:
• 7+ years’ experience in a supply chain capacity, including 5+ years in a strategic supply chain environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field of study. MBA preferred.
• CPM is preferred.
• Strategic view of supply chain in reference to capital equipment, indirect materials, logistics and MRO.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.