Maintenance Supervisor (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Description of duties:
• Ensure commercial facility building control systems for to maintain a balanced comfortable temperature throughout the facility, air quality is at or above standard acceptable levels, recognizes and takes corrective action to resolve major safety hazards on an ongoing basis, testing and maintaining proper functionality of back-up generators and the lights are all working.
• Supervises Maintenance Lead Staff.
• Assists the Director of Facilities with developing a software-based building preventive maintenance schedule to protect assets.
• Serve as department leader in absence of the Director of Facilities.
• Examines facility equipment and building systems to determine need and extent of service, equipment required and type of operation needed.
• Assists the Director of Facilities with monitoring the status of contracted projects to verify adherence to bid specifications.
• Inspects facility to ensure compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. Investigates any OSHA and/or ADA complaints or compliance situations and reports findings to supervisor.
• Works in tandem with Security to ensure the building and grounds are secured.
• Assists with coordination of the setup and breakdown of facility multi-use rooms: meeting, training, conference, etc. as requested.
• Negotiates with vendors to resolve service issues and billing problems.
• Conducts and records safety drills as related to assigned facility in supervisor’s absence.
Education and experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 years’ supervisory experience in building and grounds operations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a minimum of two years experience or applicable certificate(s) for HVAC systems.
• Must be able to make temperature adjustments and trouble shoot problems and direct related vendors as needed.
• Must have a working knowledge of lighting and electrical components including the ability to change out bulbs and components as needed.
• Must have a working knowledge of plumbing and is able to replace components (making basic repairs) or direct vendors when necessary.
• Must have one year experience managing vendors for facility related services and kitchen equipment.
• Must have the ability to use a work order management system and maintenance database administration required.