Customer Account Representative
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We strive to provide comprehensive, quality and an affordable suite benefits. Our employees are eligible for Medical, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability and 401K and other benefits.
Who our client is:
• Multi-billion dollar thriving global manufacturer, North American HQ in Charlotte, NC.
• Strong market position and rich, stable heritage.
• Culture that values building long-standing relationships with its customers and consumers.
Why you should consider this opportunity:
• Executive Leadership that is highly engaged offering both experience and knowledge.
• Dynamic employees with great moral, low turnover.
• Great opportunity to contribute at both strategic and tactical levels.
What you will do:
• Understand and adhere to all SAP and eComm requirements relative to Business and Operating Procedures.
• Receive and process customer orders promptly, accurately and professionally ensuring that service standards are met for local, export and affiliate accounts.
• Monitor customer activity by interpreting customer input, securing details to be coordinated with Sales, Logistics, Marketing, Credit Department(s) or others as required to resolve customer inquiry.
• Submit on line tracking requests through UPS and Fed Ex to provide more timely resolution.
• Establish and maintain cross reference data files for generating customers’ special products and development of special labels.
• Provide coverage for all 800 phone lines, responding to customer calls with “one stop”.
• Monitor open orders and advise customers of any problems or changes in order status as required, offering product substitutions.
• Work judiciously to resolve customer problems by communicating with proper departments.
• Maintain and update, as required, major accounts or assigned account profiles to include specific service requirements and customer peculiarities.
• Maintain overall account knowledge, cross training, of other Reps’ accounts to provide continuity in service and customer satisfaction.
• Work with Customer Relations Manager in the resolution of any returns, invoicing adjustments, involving assigned accounts or general accounts.
• Work with Customer Relations Manager in establishing new service procedures as requested by Sales or accounts.
• Strive to grow product knowledge through ongoing development.
• Assist Sales Associates as required.
Sales and marketing
• Coordinate closely with Sales and Marketing in setting up target programs.
• Monitoring target accounts and determining results of this program as required.
• Assist Sales in obtaining new business or maintaining existing business.
• Coordinate with Credit and Sales Department in setting up new accounts with correct billing and shipping data and establishing credit information.
• Initiate color formulation and sample requests.
• Forward to the appropriate manufacturing location(s).
• Coordinate / communicate with customer the approval/rejection process.
• Initiate, manage and resolve customer complaints and submissions to QC/QA.
• Keep customer and sales appraised of status.
• Manage credit card order system.
• Authorize funds to assure availability.
• Release customer orders from credit card hold.
• Execute settlement of charges.
• Document sales and provide data to Accounts Receivable.
• Coordinate notification of customers with cash in advance terms, release orders from credit hold and shipment or cancellation of orders.
• Make determination to waive credit amounts under $25.00 to reduce costs.
• Customer Service Reps are responsible for business ranging from $5 million to $20 million annually.
• Proactive communication to Sales and Management is necessary to maintain this high volume of business.
• Receive and act with a high sense of urgency upon customer inquiries to service, product application, complaints and possible substitutions, resolving directly or through other American departments.
• Initiate appropriate actions to perform customer service processes.
• Work with Customer Relations Manager in resolving any unusual problems.
• Coordinate shipment and tracking of orders through the Traffic Department to ensure the most economical mode of transportation.
• Empowerment of Customer Service Representatives to make instant service determinations thus adding value and increasing customer satisfaction – accommodating customer returns, waiver/negotiation of restock fee on returns and price overriding.
• Be sensitive to subtle indication of changes or dissatisfactions and report same to Customer Relations Manager or Sales as appropriate.
• Investigate and recommend resolutions to customer inquiries requiring credit, debits, POD’s, returns and quality complaints from customer accounts after obtaining proper documentation – invoices, packing slips and all customer service documentation.
How you are qualified:
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (most important).
• Minimum 2 year college degree.
• Minimum experience required – 3 years of experience in a position requiring direct contact with customers.
• Analytical thinking.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of order processing and data base maintenance.
• Proven ability to handle difficult customer situations.
• Confident in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience using SAP.
• Proficient in spreadsheet analysis.