Digital User Experience Designer
Established in 2005 and based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SnapAV is a manufacturer and exclusive source of A/V, CCTV and networking products for professional integrators. An industry leader in the custom install channel, SnapAV helps integrators build their businesses by providing a wide range of high-quality products, easily accessible through an intuitive website and backed by award-winning service and support. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, SnapAV is the premier choice for custom installers across the globe. In addition to its Charlotte headquarters, SnapAV has operations in California, Texas, Florida, New York and Taipei, with over 250 employees internationally.
At SnapAV we engage customers with curiosity, energize them with passion and execute everything we do with integrity as we create innovative solutions to IMPACT the connected world.
Engage with Curiosity
• Teamwork: Creates a constructive work environment by contributing ideas, being receptive to other’s ideas and leveraging differences with integrity.
• Communication Skills: Listens intently and displays curiosity, asking questions that lead to an impactful, collaborative environment.
• Decision Making / Problem Solving: Listens to the opinions of others, evaluates problems and proposes constructive solutions.
Energize with Passion
• Job Knowledge: Learns how the business works and builds expertise while leading others to grow their own skills.
• Managing Work: Sets priorities and determines resource needs to achieve goals efficiently and is accountable for results.
• Develop Motivate: Inspires by sharing knowledge and motivating others to success through self-development.
Execute with Integrity
• Customer Focus: Is a trusted customer advocate, selflessly meeting all internal and external needs with integrity.
• Action Oriented: Passionate about the work and the goals of the company, maintaining high levels of productivity and a positive impact.
• Strategic Agility: Understands the company’s vision, prioritizes their work accordingly and makes knowledgeable decisions.
Reporting to the Vice President of eCommerce the Digital User Experience Designer should have a deep understanding of SnapAV customers and a passion for user interaction design. This position will collaborate with a cross-functional team to create efficient, effective and feasible digital experiences. This is a hands-on role that will work closely with business partners to continue to enhance the industry’s best website (as voted by users). The Digital User Experience Designer should have strong written and communication skills, conceptualization ability and visual communication ability.
• Analyze data, research and business requirements to shape design concepts for digital experiences.
• Ensure that the Information Architecture of our website is optimal to achieve business goals and objectives.
• Learn and understand our customers and their business processes to then design efficient, effective and feasible solutions for new features, tools and fixes.
• Create deliverables ranging from wireframes and rough concepts to complete visual designs, interactive prototypes and user interaction specifications.
• Proactively seek and leverage customer input on design.
• Present ideas and recommendations with solid rationale, evolve ideas with input from business partners and customers.
• Identify and prioritize optimization opportunities for current features and create feasible solutions based on collected data.
• Provide input to the development and testing teams, both onshore and offshore, during the software development cycle.
• Partner with the marketing team in creating effective experiences for campaigns and new product launches.
• Partner with the support team in creating effective training, development and troubleshooting experiences for our customers online.
• Continuously preserve and enhance the award-winning “easy to use” aspect of the site through careful updates to navigation and taxonomy/categorization.
• Maintain the digital standards library, in collaboration with publishers and marketing team members, for the SnapAV website.
• 2 years of experience in User Interaction/User Interface design.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with using wireframing or prototyping solutions (e.g. Axure, Invision).
• Familiarity with HTML and CSS Frameworks.
• Experience using a pattern library.
• Knowledge of responsive design.
• Experience designing interactive experiences in the digital space.
• A portfolio and/or samples of work.
• Bachelor’s degree in a design discipline (graphic design, interactive design, human-centered interaction).
• Business to Business experience.
• CEDIA or Consumer Electronics industry experience.
• Experience designing for eCommerce.
• Experience working within an Agile development approach.
• Familiarity with technical considerations when designing for dynamic AJAX-based web applications.
SnapAV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.