Practice Management Development Associate
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is part of Bank of America Corporation.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals and businesses. With 10,869 Financial Advisors and $1.9 trillion in client balances as of December 31, 2015, Merrill Lynch is among the largest businesses of its kind in the world.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management specializes in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy and other life goals through investment advice and guidance. Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with a financial advisor committed to their needs — an advisor with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch and the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The Practice Management Development (PMD) Associate role is a 43 month development program for professionals who wish to build a wealth management business and become a full-fledged Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor (FA).
PMD is a structured and disciplined program that demonstrates our ongoing commitment to the growth and progress of our Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors. PMD offers new advisors the most professional and client focused sales, investment and business management training in the industry. PMD Associates will build upon their knowledge of these topics throughout the duration of the program, while focusing on developing client relationships.
With the assistance of mentors and managers, our PMD Associates will learn to develop a pipeline of affluent clients, identify client needs, develop relationships with existing and prospective clients, review investment goals, prepare investment recommendations that align with client goals and the business management skills needed to operate an optimal practice model.
What you will do:
• Developing a book of business in order to meet and exceed the required performance hurdles.
• Effectively sourcing prospective clients, capitalizing on referrals, assessing customer needs, through collaboration, delivering the full resources of Bank of America and Merrill Lynch to the client and delivering highly customized solutions to meet client needs.
• Recommending investment products and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on their objectives, resources, time horizon, risk profile and preferences.
• Balancing investment management, sales activities, customer service, new client development, administrative, compliance and personal growth and development according to both a day-to-day and longer-term plan.
• Planning and managing resources (time, people, budget) to run an optimal practice.
• Seeking the expertise of specialists, where appropriate, to identify, banking, lending, planning and investment solutions for a client.
• Establishing and maintaining relationship with the management team and informing them of any circumstances that require supervisory attention/review/approval per compliance guidelines and policies.
Completing required training, obtaining industry licenses (Series 7 and 66), mastering assessments, maintaining continuing education requirements and meeting minimum performance standards.
• Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination. Legal authorization to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship is required.
What you will receive:
• A base salary through the full 43 months in the PMD program along with bonus potential. Upon completion of the PMD program, the candidate will be compensated in accordance with the Financial Advisor Incentive Compensation Plan.
• The strength and name recognition of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America.
• World class investment, sales and business management training throughout their career.
• Cutting edge technology and industry leading platform to leverage for success.
• Access to a full array of investment and banking solutions for your clients.
• Mentors and Managers located within your local office to work with you towards your success.
• PMD Curriculum that includes CFP course work, wealth management curriculum, licensing and essential skills training from Managers and Mentors.
• The Practice Management Development program is designed for professionals who are ready to make a career transition and follow their passion of becoming a Financial Advisor.
Candidates for this role will have a history of high achievement demonstrated by a proven record of rapid advancement in exceeding goals and outperforming peers. The ideal candidate has applicable sales experience or has worked in a professional or entrepreneurial setting.
Skills and attributes:
The ideal candidate will bring to the role a broad network of contacts and relationships along with the ability to develop a strong sales pipeline through prospecting, telemarketing and relationship building skills. Other success attributes candidates possess are below.
• Ability to influence people.
• Entrepreneurial and self motivated to succeed.
• Perseverance and resilience.
• Confident and engaging presence.
• Concise, inspiring communication.
• Client focus mentality.
• High professional standards and integrity.
Education and licenses:
• The ideal candidate will have at minimum a Bachelors degree.
• The following licenses/designations are preferred – Series 7 and 66 licensed (the PMD curriculum assists candidates from outside the wealth management industry to prepare for and complete licensing requirements for both), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP).