Manager, Consumer Research (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
We are a company unlike any other in the world. At NASCAR you will find a community of diverse individuals focused on our history and heritage, but with an eye toward the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. The key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, benefits second to none and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR.
The Manager, Consumer Research is responsible for leading qualitative and quantitative market research activities and insights to drive success for the company and key external partners. This position will be accountable to be the voice of the fan for the industry, building, managing and data mining various data sets and dashboards, interacting with stakeholders across the industry and helping to drive strategies with executives. Learn more about this role and our team by applying for consideration at www.careers.nascar.com.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide key insights to internal as well as external stakeholders (including teams, tracks, sponsors and other industry partners) to assist in meeting various goals and objectives.
• Extensive data mining capabilities to uncover trends in data, sub-groups of interest, social media habits, longitudinal data and other key insights to assist internal and external partners on understanding fan attitudes and behaviors, utilize SPSS and Excel to drive advanced statistical analysis.
• Create and develop thorough insights on current and future attitudinal, lifestyle and cross-consumption landscape metrics.
• Educate internal customers on research process, including cost estimates, timing, deliverables, etc.
• Manage the Official Fan Council panel, report results of research conducted on the to executives to assist in evaluating the health of the sport.
• Lead ad-hoc research requests/projects from start to finish, recommending the appropriate methodologies, managing RFP process and vendor selection, designing research and conducting data analysis, reporting and presenting key insights.
• Serve as internal expert on the fans and enable decision makers to make informed business decisions through research findings and actionable insights.
• Manage vendor relationships to optimize data quality, available tools and services and cost management.
• Utilize syndicated research from partners such as Experian Simmons, Nielsen Scarborough, Nielsen Sports, etc. to provide consumer composition, behavioral/attitudinal insights and identify business opportunities.
• Create impactful, relevant and visually appealing research summaries and dashboards highlighting key insights.
• Complete research assessments on new research companies/products while managing select vendor relationships to optimize data quality, available tools/services and cost management.
• Integrate and work directly with other Analytics and Insights team members and other internal groups.
• Work effectively in a collaborative team environment while possessing a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Other duties may be assigned.
10% including weekends.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, age, color, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or any characteristic that is protected by law.