To help promote all aspects of the business: buying, selling, pricing and merchandising. Promote a high level of customer service.
Major areas of responsibility:
• Greet customers immediately, determine their needs and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
• Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
• Buy used product, reinforcing the customers’ purchases and sales to the store. Invite customer to return to the store to buy and sell. And promote image of store concept.
• Price and ticket items appropriately based on pricing/buying guidelines. Restock store following management guidelines. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
• Develop proficiency in operating computerized sales tracking system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
• Achieve personal and store sales goals by applying sound customer service and sales protocol.
• Prior customer service experience preferred.
• Ability to work well as a team member and to take and follow directions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sales and goal-oriented.
• Must be computer literate.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
• Lifting up to 40 lbs without assistance.
• Bending, rotating and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.