Brewery Sales Representative
Located in Charlotte’s Historic South End, at Sycamore, we believe that fresh beer made with top-notch ingredients should be enjoyed by everyone. A few years back, we set out to brew beers that bring people together and drink easy from the first sip to the last. After humbly perfecting some of our favorite recipes over the last decade, we’re honored to share them with you. We pride ourselves on exceptionally fresh, tasty beer, made to be enjoyed as you gather with a few friends and neighbors.
We are excited to add an experienced sales person to the team. We are self-distributing our beer in cans and kegs. We are looking for an awesome sales person to represent Sycamore and sell our beer in greater Charlotte’s top stores, bars and restaurants. The perfect Sales Rep will be responsible for maintaining and growing current accounts as well as mining new business – that means selling lots-o-beer! You will present, sell, coordinate, merchandise and deliver products to customer locations. You know beer, love beer, love the craft beer scene and are hip to the craft beer trends. You bleed beer. The sales position is fast paced and physical – no need for a gym membership. You will generate growth and revenue by providing radical customer service, delivering first-class market execution, promoting and organizing marketing events including all POS. This is a full time opportunity.
What we are looking for:
• The ability to deliver, sell and merchandise products in customer locations.
• A personality that is warm and welcoming. You have exceptional customer service skills and you are able to authentically represent Sycamore. You know our story and love our beer.
• At least 1 year of experience selling Craft Beer to on and off premise accounts.
• Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
• Strong communication, organization and time management skills, be a strong team player with a winning attitude.
• A demonstrated proven track record of increasing sales and have the ability to provide customers with innovative solutions to enhance their success.
• Knowledge of draught systems, basic beer merchandising and point of sale placement are desirable.
• The team member must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally may lift or move over 100 pounds safely using proper equipment. The sales position requires the ability to climb, lift, reach, bend, stoop, push, pull and kneel for extended periods.
• Workdays/schedule may vary or change according to route needs. You may be asked to work occasional weekends and special events. We start early and sometimes go late.
• Must be at least 21 years old and possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record going back 7 years.
• Must be able to utilize technology such as cell phones, tablets/computers, handhelds and the internet.
• Must be able take direction from others and work independently.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience which includes a base and incentives. Plus health insurance and PTO.