THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The role of the Art Director is to design, art direct and execute concepts for general print advertising, including catalog, direct mail newspaper and magazine. This position reports directly to the Creative Manager.
The major responsibilities include:
• Photo art direction on location, through email, by phone.
• Layout and composition skills in general print media.
• Production capability (accurately and efficiently build and release electronic pages).
• Design effective conceptual presentations through finished projects.
• Ability to follow style guide.
• Work comfortably within tight deadlines and budgets.
• Positive attitude.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Management practices and business applications
• Ability to present ideas in a clear manner to all levels of associates.
• Effective communications with vendors (photographers, separators, producers, etc).
• Work as a team with copywriter and present ideas together.
• Build good relations with buyers.
• Good people skills overall.
Education and experience:
College degree with graphic design or related major preferred.
Three years advertising experience in retail preferred.
Must have basic knowledge of photography.
Experience in selecting models and editing photography.
Computer skills in Quark Express, Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Excel.
Ability to travel for photography shoots.