Assistant Textile Designer
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Responsible for creation, development and execution of artwork that achieve Belk Private Brand’s objectives and overall product strategy. Participate in research and development of seasonal trends and ensure that designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. This position reports directly to the Textile Designer.
• Strong fashion sense and ability to translate merchant/ market input into highly salable product.
• Create and present textile design concepts to Apparel Design, Product Management, Merchant Teams, Trend Department and Vendor partners.
• Create artwork for new private brand styles.
• Apply understanding of design process and Private Brands/Merchant’s business objectives to ensure consistency and drive financial results.
• Collaborate with Apparel Design, Product Management, Overseas Offices, Merchandising, Trend Department, Technical Design/QA and Vendors to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
• Produce cohesive textile design presentations to sell concept to entire team, including boards, tear sheets and samples.
• Evaluate all meeting and production samples with extended Private Brand team.
• Participate as a member of Private Brand team for continual improvement of product.
Education and experience:
• BS/BA degree with a major in Textile/Surface Design or closely related focus.
• 2-5 years textile design experience in related field or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated creative ability.
• Must have experience with the current design software products i.e. Photoshop, Kaledo, Illustrator.
• Proven textile design experience in a given category.
• Knowledge of print development techniques and printing technology currently used throughout the industry. Must be able to translate these to various types of textiles.
• Must have strong working knowledge of knit and woven textiles as they pertain to the textile design process.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
• Good communication skills.