Sr. Planning Analyst
The Senior Planning Analyst position is responsible for analyzing existing and potential customers and markets. They collect and analyze data on established corporate customers, brands, prices, sales and competitors. They are also responsible for preparing written reports, interpreting data findings and advising management on the meaning of those findings, as well as providing recommendations and contingency plans.
• Collects and analyzes data on customer demographics, preferences, needs and buying habits to identify potential pricing, markets and other factors affecting product sales.
• Prepares reports for that interpret market conditions, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written presentations for senior management and executive team.
• Devises and evaluates methods and procedures for collecting and presenting data and market research activities (such as test/control tests, brand or package tests), reviews progress, evaluates results and provides recommendations.
• Presents to Corporate Customers, Revenue Management Executive Committees, The Revenue Management Council along with or in place of Customer Planning Manager Attend meetings and conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design and pricing of company brands and packages.
• Operates with substantial latitude for un-viewed action or decision.
• Demonstrates a commitment to Total Quality and the process of continuous improvement and is open and responsive to change.
• Demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills, customer service, identifies and responds actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all internal and external customers.
• Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Manages special projects/assignments which require broad experience with principles for promoting and selling products or services including marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques.
• Must supervise projects requiring prior diverse experience of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
• Self-directing and self-motivating to perform high-level analytical consulting to customer development managers and trade directors with very little supervision.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field. Advanced degree is desirable. Broad, in-depth understanding of sales and marketing principles, concepts and practices.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of data analysis and application of space management and category management principles.
• Thorough knowledge and skilled expertise in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel or other spreadsheet software and PowerPoint.
• Thorough knowledge and skilled expertise in syndicated data and/or customer scan data.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of business issues and revenue and profit impact beyond data collection and analytical knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with management at all levels.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience preferably with other consumer products goods company.