The common assumption about lakefront homes in the Charlotte region: It means Lake Norman, it means mansion, and it’s gonna cost at least $1M.
It’s understandable — there are a lot of Lake Norman million-dollar-plus mansions.
But there are plenty of choices for people looking beyond Lake Norman and under that seven-figure entry point too.
Here are 3 waterfront homes on the market, from Belmont, NC to Fort Mill/Tega Cay, SC that aren’t too far from Charlotte, have bonus some architectural charm or notable landscape features, and won’t set you back a million.
11114 Limehurst Place, Charlotte, NC 28278
- Specs: 2 beds, 2 baths, 2,042 sq. ft., 1.2 acres
- List price: $440,000. Drew Choate of The Lake Wylie Man Team has the listing/Wilkinson ERA, (704) 393-0048
- Noticed for: Cottage feel, flexible space potential, large lot size for price and location (Steele Creek-Charlotte area), 250 feet of shoreline.
29033 Snapper Pt, Fort Mill, SC 29708
- Specs: 3 beds, 3 baths, 2,281 sq. ft
- List price: $575,000. Virginia Popovich of Keller Williams Realty has the listing, (704) 602-0400.
- Noticed for: Heavy woods adds to tucked-away setting, neighborhood has network of walking trails, and 3 full baths are a great plus at this square footage range and price point.
8270 Catawba Cove Drive, Belmont, North Carolina 28012
- Specs: 3 beds, 4.5 baths, 3,860 sq. ft., 1.3 acres
- List price: $869,000. Lauren Pierce of I Save Realty has the listing, (866) 981-5011
- Noticed for: The fantastic wood beams, wood paneling, and interior and exterior stone work give this home a wonderful lodge feel, and set it apart from the familiar beige styles often in recent construction.