Human Resources Assistant
Find out why McIlveen Family Law Firm is named to the Best Places to Work list 2 years in a row, Best Employers in NC, #13 Fast 50 and to the 2017 Inc. 5000 list (2nd year in a row). See our website at www.McIlveenFamilyLaw.com to learn more about our Firm, our values and how we work.
We are looking for an Human Resource Assistant to handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties. Your role is to act as the liaison between HR managers and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. You will also support our daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
An ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position holds an academic HR background. Familiarity with our industry is also an advantage. For this role, you should be able to work autonomously and assist in more complex HR duties, like posting job ads, coordinating interviews and contacting candidates. Following our training sessions, you will also be able to assist HR managers in the life cycle recruitment (e.g. onboarding process for new hires and candidate sourcing).
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our HR department is organized and operates to attract, hire and maintain our employees.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
• Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives.
• Compile and update employee records.
• Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc).
• Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes.
• Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules and regulations.
• Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc).
• Communicate with public services when necessary.
• Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures.
• Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
• Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees.
• Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database.
• Proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position.
• PC literacy (MS Office, in particular).
• Hands on experience with an HRIS or HRMS.
• Familiarity with ATS software and resume databases.
• Basic knowledge of labor laws.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong communications skills.
• BS degree in Human Resources or related field.
• 401K match.
• BCBS health and dental insurance.
• FSA health plan.
• FSA child care plan.
• Immediate 14 days paid vacation each year.
• 2 paid volunteer days.
• Student loan repayment plan.
• Paid holidays.
• Yearly amount to use for dry cleaning, housekeeping, daycare.
$14.00 to $16.00 per hour.