Developer, Compliance and External Reporting
Barings is a $288+ billion global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and uncompromising service. A member of the MassMutual Financial Group, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 600 investment professionals and offices in 17 countries. Learn more, at www.barings.com.
Barings has an opening in the Information Technology (IT) area for a systems developer/analyst to support the Compliance and External reporting operations. The ideal candidate would have a solid background using Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio as well high-level business knowledge in the area of investment procedures and compliance. The candidate will work directly with business partners through the systems development lifecycle, beginning with the requirements gathering stage on through post implementation support. In addition, the candidate will work closely with both on-site and offshore IT personnel to develop/enhance applications in our portfolio. The position will report into the manager of the External Reporting team.
The External Reporting team develops and implements solutions for data acquisition as well as database loads and extracts. Many of these extracts are sent to external parties such as customers and vendors. The team also supports Barings compliance department with regulatory reporting by automating many regulatory reports that are required by government agencies. This role requires the ability to approach a request, analyze and build stable, sustainable resolutions that can be supported globally will be a core responsibility. This role also necessitates the ability to evaluate criticalness, research and troubleshoot or escalate production batch issues timely.
The team works closely with the Production Operations team which carries rotating off-hours support responsibility for critical code and will often collaborate with other development teams, subject matter experts and infrastructure teams as needed. Barings is a fast paced, changing environment and the team often manages multiple assignments and initiatives simultaneously to meet targets or deadlines. Project opportunities include but are not limited to data centralization, code regression analysis as well new client report development.
Technology skill sets:
• Microsoft SQL server integration services.
• Microsoft SQL 2008/2016 Server and T-SQL skills including functions, views, stored procedures and query writing.
• Microsoft SQL server.
• Microsoft SQL server reporting services.
• Test plan development and execution.
• Visual Studio, TFS, VSTS.
• IBM Tivoli Workflow Scheduler or experience with another similar enterprise scheduler product.
• Secure FTP experience.
• Scripting experience including DOS / PowerShell / VB Script.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a systems developer/analyst.
• Ability to understand business subject matter, workflows.
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, IT personnel and subject matter experts.
• Strong sense of urgency and desire to see solutions implemented expediently.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively within various levels of the organization.