Sports Marketing Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
The mission of Wells Fargo Marketing is to build the best possible brand, experiences and engagement with our customers and stakeholders that reflects our commitment to our customers and their needs and to driving key business and stakeholder outcomes. In support of this mission, Marketing is responsible for developing integrated marketing strategies across Wells Fargo’s business lines and geographies, leading brand strategy, leveraging deep insights and analytics about consumers and businesses, executing customer messaging across all channels and touch points, and building out capabilities that move toward real-time, always-on, personalized and compelling messaging and digital experiences.
This newly created role reports to the Head of Sponsorships and Hospitality and will be a senior sponsorship expert at Wells Fargo charged with overseeing all areas of sponsorship management, activation and marketing integration for Wells Fargo’s key national sponsorship platforms of Soccer, Pro Sports/Naming Rights and Golf. This includes management of large sponsorships, such as the Wells Fargo Championship, Wells Fargo Center, Major League Soccer, LA Kings, Portland Trailblazers and approximately 20 other properties of varying size.
The Sponsorships and Hospitality team is a part of Brand Engagement within Wells Fargo’s broader marketing organization. This team serves as a center of excellence for the sponsorship practice across the company and is comprised of sponsorship strategy, sports platforms, local markets, governance and operations, and hospitality functions.
• Establish Wells Fargo sports sponsorship platform strategy to support marketing and brand objectives
Be responsible for selection, negotiation and management of key sports sponsorships.
• Optimize platform sponsorship investment across enterprise to ensure consistent sponsorship assets and the activation of those assets.
• Provide sponsorship consulting and functional support to Line of Business marketing partners, including the development of templates and toolkits for local execution of platform sponsorships.
• Champion cross-functional integrated platform sponsorship marketing plans (activation).
• Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the management of sponsorships and integration of programs with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies and adjusting approach as necessary.
• Work effectively across immediate work team to ensure sports platforms are implemented effectively at a local level through Local Markets sponsorship lead.
• Track and evaluate performance of sponsorships, and consult with marketing leaders to adjust plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions. Work closely with Insights & Analytics to track, optimize and report on sponsorship impact.
• Management of budget and supporting agency resources.
• Successful candidate will manage and motivate several geographically dispersed team members as they assist in the completion of these responsibilities.
• Significant domestic travel may be required (25-50%).
• 7+ years of marketing experience.
• Highly motivated team member who is a self-starter and cultivates an active network of relationships at all levels inside and outside marketing.
• Experience in sponsorship and event management, preferably including experience on the client, agency and/or property side.
• Experience with multiple brands and categories of sponsorships (sports, entertainment, cause, etc.), golf, soccer and/or other professional sports marketing experience preferred.
• Experience in successfully translating broad marketing strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of key stakeholders to effectively promote ideas and shape opinions navigating to win/win solutions.
• Have proven superior attention to detail, project and budget management skills combined with superior program execution skills.
• Strategic, critical and creative thinker.
• Strong communications skills, including ability to effectively present to senior managers throughout the enterprise.
• BS/BA in Marketing, MBA preferred.
• Experience managing agencies and internal and external partners/clients.
• Marketing analytics, measurement and ROO/ROI reporting.
• Experience developing and integrating sponsorship strategies for large organizations.
• Experience managing high performance cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women. Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.