Merchandising Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to be directly accountable for the financial performance (sales, margin dollars, margin rate, inventory productivity, capital, market share, vendor support, payment terms, etc.) of the unique set of products, vendors and brands within assigned product categories. This includes responsibility for working with all cross-functional partners inside Lowe’s and with vendors to assimilate and analyze information, design, negotiate, and execute Omni-Channel line design to achieve the subdivision and division strategies and goals, as well as exceed customer experience expectations.
• Owns the unique set of products, vendors and brands within assigned product categories.
• Develops Omni-channel line design to achieve financial goals including relevant market share growth compared to the industry.
• Directs and influences extended teams in Lowes.com, store environment, marketing, pricing and promotions, etc., as well as external vendor resources to build and execute merchandising programs.
• Executes the product line review process, vendor and product evaluations and selection for assigned product groups.
• Directs and influences extended teams to ensure product resets in the stores are designed and executed on time and support the PLR Strategy.
• Serves as the subject matter expert in assigned product categories by analyzing data and trends from various sources (internal Lowe’s sources, industry, vendor data, etc.) and uses knowledge to design and manage merchandising programs that exceed customers’ expectations.
• Drives the development of tactical plans aligned with merchandising and the overall Lowe’s strategy in order to bring the vision to realization.
• Identifies gaps or growth opportunities within assigned product categories and determines solutions to close those gaps and/or keep Lowe’s ahead of the curve by recognizing new and innovative products in the market Lowe’s is currently not offering, helping to develop these products or in some cases selecting available products.
• Builds and maintains relationships with external vendors for assigned product categories, negotiating the best cost, pricing, payment terms and key brands with current and prospective vendors, as needed, to secure the best opportunities for Lowe’s on an ongoing basis.
• Manages and negotiates the life cycle of products in their assigned categories including product channel changes, assortment planning and disposition plans both internally with Lowe’s and with vendors.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field and 3 years experience in one or more of the following areas, purchasing, buying, sales, merchandising, category or product line management or a related field.
• Or 5 years experience in one or more of the following areas, purchasing, buying, sales, merchandising, category or product line management or a related field.
• P&L management experience.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.