Director Application Development (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919 and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
This position is responsible to manage the technology delivery, finances, testing and code promotion/quality of a portfolio of strategic IT projects within auto finance. This individual must be able to review and evaluate the performance of technology delivery managers and developers within a matrix environment, ultimately accountable for project deliverables, resource allocations, assignments, budgets, and the overall quality of the final product, works with various technology partners to define and drive strategic requirements and solutions across development, infrastructure, and testing teams.
Business unit/Enterprise function:
Ally’s world-class IT organization supports an information technology-driven business. We deliver industry-leading IT solutions to the “Best Online Bank” (Money Magazine, 2011 and 2012) and the leading Auto Finance Company. IT oversees critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise.
• Experience leading individuals at multiple levels. Encourages the establishment of high performing and self-sustaining cross-functional teams.
• Accountable to the Chief Enterprise Architect and CIO of Auto Finance to plan and execute a portfolio of IT projects.
• Experience working with both onshore/offshore and vendor resources.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and web and service oriented architecture technologies.
• Able to guide a matrix development and delivery team to review business requirements and develop architectural design documents, system requirements, non-functional requirements, test plans/test cases, performance testing plans, and high/low level design documents.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical solutions and recommendations to senior level management.
• BS and 10 + years of experience or equivalent.
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage several concurrent projects and initiatives.
• Background in ecommerce, banking and/or auto Finance strongly desired.
• Experience with project management methodologies and tools, resource planning and forecasting.
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally’s Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work – and outside of it and includes:
• Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
• Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.