GPMO IT Director (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919 and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
The Director will be responsible for delivering technology solutions aligning to the needs of the business and/or corporate functions. They will serve as a lead under the guidance of the Sr. IT Director and will be responsible for managing key IT resources including possibly: employees, contractors and suppliers to deliver key business functionality. They are accountable to deliver solutions on schedule and budget while meeting key business requirements.
Results oriented, dynamic self-starter with the ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization who is comfortable working as part of a highly-leveraged team across geographic locations. The successful candidate will oversee the function that serves as the face of the Global Program Management Office (GPMO) organization to the Ally Enterprise. This person will promote the continuous improvement of productivity, service quality and satisfaction while reducing business risk. The ideal candidate will provide the highest level of internal customer service and have the ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse work group. This role is responsible to help set the strategy for managing and improving our portfolio governance and delivery for all of Ally’s technology groups. This individual will liaise with the different technology units to identify challenges, opportunities for improvement and best practices while simultaneously leveraging that information to define appropriate solutions to meet the needs of the business and/or technical projects in support of the Enterprise goals. Ideally this individual will have experience in both Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies, the most successful candidate will have overseen enterprise transformation from Waterfall toward more Agile change delivery.
Business unit/Enterprise function description:
Ally’s Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of its industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• Significant experience of leading and managing teams (including matrix management).
• Strong communicator at all levels, possesses excellent interpersonal communication, team building and leadership skills with the ability to clearly articulate a vision and inspire others to share the passion and work towards a common goal.
• Thorough understanding of the business and IT and ability to use that knowledge to anticipate how future services offers need to evolve to meet future business requirements.
• Superior self-starter who sets aggressive goals and is driven to succeed both personally and professionally, focused on productivity, deeply committed to quality and integrity.
• Commanding presence with excellent written and oral communication and presentation abilities, experienced, credible spokesperson.
• Able to lead through consensus building with technology executives and create and build upon a culture of shared values throughout the company in which people work together cooperatively toward common and mutually recognized objectives.
• Background leading teams and introducing significant operational and technology changes resulting in improved delivery, increased customer satisfaction and high profitability.
• Collaborates closely with the business to analyze the current state of processes and systems, then use that information, along with business strategies to formulate a future state design.
• Allocates and directs resources to accomplish tasks and maintains control of schedule(s) and deliverable quality.
• Responsible for resolving issues and mitigating risks, escalating issues/risks when appropriate.
• Manages teams, which may include Ally employee and/or vendor team members, informs the team of its progress, leads/develops Ally staff members.
• Develop and maintain a strong strategic relationship with IT senior management.
• Work closely with IT senior management to facilitate an environment optimizing the use of our services.
• Accountable for monitoring performance against established SLAs.
• Proactively identify and leverage solutions to enable business objectives through the delivery of IT projects and initiatives.
• Responsible for execution and governance of the end-to-end process of project delivery. Identify and deliver process improvements.
• Provide development, support and coordination for materials and presentations.
• Creates a climate of collaboration and teamwork among team members and customer groups.
• Takes action when issues appear and escalates appropriately.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Leadership experience managing several direct reports.
• Ability to influence change across a matrix organization and collaborate with business and technology teams to deliver solutions.
• Ability to manage in-sourced and outsourced change.
• Customer focus – proven track record of customer satisfaction and delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders.
• Consulting/problem solving – ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical and business problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
• Systems delivery – extensive experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Technical project management – expertise in project management including project planning and estimating, project budgeting, staffing, change control and status reporting.
The candidate should possess experience and expertise in the following areas:
• 10+ years of minimum IT experience.
• Strategy and business management.
• Strong delivery experience.
• Software delivery life cycle, portfolio life cycle management.
• Account management.
• Time tracking implementation and utilization.
• Portfolio planning and governance skill sets.
• People management.
• A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect, superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good communications ability, verbal and written, at all levels.
• Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships.
• Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning and financials.
• Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional virtual teams.
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance. Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
• Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions.
• Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health.
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision.
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions.
• Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits.
• Other work-life integration benefits including paid parental & caregiver leave, adoption assistance, back-up child & adult/elder care, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters employee assistance program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.