Founded in 1982, Sockwell Partners (www.sockwell.com) is a retained executive search firm focused on helping our clients to identify and recruit compelling talent for senior and executive level positions. Our nationwide client base includes Fortune 500 companies, private equity-backed companies, entrepreneurial startups, family-owned businesses, healthcare institutions, financial services firms, manufacturing companies and non-profit organizations. Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, we are a member of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), an invitation-only professional organization for retained executive search firms.
• Participates, as a team member, in all phases of the search process.
• Conducts primary research on the client companies, industry sectors and vertical markets to identify target companies/organizations where potential candidates are likely to be found.
• Approaches sources and potential candidates by phone, email and through other on-line channels to describe clients and their opportunities.
• Conducts preliminary telephone interviews with potential candidates to determine qualifications for and interest in opportunities.
• Assists in preparation of written client materials including position descriptions, strategy memos, candidate evaluations and other unique search documents.
• Assists in maintaining and updating Encore, the firm’s extensive database.
• Assists in procuring candidate testing (if applicable), referencing and assessments.
• Participates in client meetings and face-to-face candidate interviews as appropriate.
• Participates in firm business development efforts as needed.
• Excellent benefits package.
• Dilworth location with individual offices – we don’t work in cubes.
• Prior recruiting experience helpful, but not necessary.
• Team player, excellent interpersonal skills, desire to take on additional responsibilities and grow in
• Compelling intellectual curiosity, someone who can connect-the-dots, creative puzzle solver.
• Strong communications skills (speaking, writing and listening).
• Ability to build and leverage networks, someone who can develop trust, a people person.
• Highest standards of integrity and honesty, ability to maintain scrupulous confidentiality.
• Excellent project management skills, ability to work independently.
• Comfort level spending large chunks of time doing research or on the telephone.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a time-sensitive environment.
• Strong follow up and follow through skills.
• Proficient PC skills.
• 2-6 years of work experience.
• Undergraduate degree required.