Barings is a $275+ billion global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and uncompromising service. A member of the MassMutual Financial Group, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 600 investment professionals and offices in 17 countries.
Barings Real Estate Advisers, formerly Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers, headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, is one of the largest global real estate focused investment managers. It provides core and value-added investment and advisory services, including a comprehensive suite of private and public real estate debt, equity, and securities expertise and services, to institutional and other qualified investors around the globe. Barings Real Estate Advisers is registered as an Investment Adviser with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
Barings Real Estate Advisers seeks to attract talented individuals to join the team, believing every employee has an integral role in aligning our interests with those of our clients. Barings Real Estate Advisers utilizes a competitive compensation structure of base pay, merit and incentive bonus to reward all employees who contribute to the Firm’s overall success. Our benefits package is extremely competitive and is available to new employees on their first day of employment. Highlights include health benefits, insurance coverage, 401(k)/Thrift Plan, Pension Plan, tuition reimbursement and up to 19 vacation days a year.
• Responsible for portfolio level accounting requirements including incentive, management and acquisition fee calculations as well as consolidation and equity method accounting.
• Preparation of quarterly reports and annual audited financial statements and footnotes in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• May be required to act as direct liaison between adviser and investors for various real estate and loan investment vehicles for which the investors are typically comprised of pension fund, endowment and foundation clients.
• Will be responsible for performance measurement components, including the calculation of internal rates of return, time weighted returns and any additional investor requests.
• Work closely with appropriate Property Managers to ensure accurate and timely submission of property financial data and support for quarterly reporting.
• Work closely with team to ensure and accurate and timely review of financial packages for consolidation.
• Perform some treasury functions including cash reconciliations as well as handling wire responsibilities for operating distributions, capital distributions and capital calls.
• Work closely with upper level management from Portfolio and Asset Management to accommodate day to day informational and support requests as well as overall portfolio oversight (i.e. cash forecasting, debt financial requirements, etc).
• Work closely with internal/external audit and tax professionals to manage the audit process and tax return preparation.
•Assist in quarterly and year-end reviews of property operations for investments in assigned fund to ensure accounting in accordance with Barings policies and procedures as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
• Work closely with senior level acquisition team members in due diligence prior to purchase of real estate investments.
• Work closely with senior level disposition team in ensuring timely liquidation of property, property dissolution and filing of final tax returns.
• Assist Asset and Property Managers with the annual budgeting process within the respective investment portfolios.
• 3-4 years real estate accounting or public accounting experience is required. CPA desired.
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
• Real estate equity and debt accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP, including Investment Company Guide, is desired.
• Knowledge of investment and partnership accounting desired.
• Knowledge of MRI and FAS Encore systems a plus.
• Must be proficient in Excel.
• General knowledge of real estate tax filing requirements a plus.
• Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
• Strong oral and written communication skills necessary.
• Must work independently and be a quick learner.
• Develops strong and effective relationships both internally and externally to the company.
• Superior customer service.
• Innovative, handles complexity, understands business issues and the ability to translate them into effective action.
• Keen attention to detail and the ability to manage to aggressive deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills and business acumen.
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in an environment of change.
Barings LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.