SUMMIT Engineering, Laboratory & Testing P.C. seeks a Corporate Recruiter to provide company-wide talent acquisition support. This role will provide an exciting opportunity for a growth-seeking individual to develop and execute the sourcing and recruiting strategy for our multi-disciplined, employee-owned engineering consulting firm. The Corporate Recruiter will lead all aspects of recruiting from hire forecasting and job description creation to extending final offers and on-boarding procedures.
Job responsibilities may include:
• Conduct full-cycle recruiting for all open positions including entry-level (campus) and experienced roles.
• Develop and execute the company-wide (and position-specific) sourcing and recruiting strategy.
• Partner with hiring managers and management to develop candidate profiles and job descriptions for open and upcoming requisitions.
• Open communication with hiring managers throughout recruiting, hiring and on-boarding process.
• Source passive and active candidates and identify top talent for job opportunities with SUMMIT through utilizing job boards and recruiting tools to proactively locate candidates.
• Coordinate and manage on-campus branding and recruiting activities to include career fairs, information sessions, lunch and learns, class talks, etc.
• Build and nurture relationships with universities and community colleges across divisional locations.
• Develop marketing materials to publicize company-wide career opportunities, specific roles and company culture.
• Create, maintain and develop job descriptions and post jobs on social media outlet as well as external and internal job boards.
• Manages Applicant Tracking System (Newton) and SUMMIT careers webpage.
• Conduct initial phone screens and make recommendations as to which candidates should continue on in interview process.
• Coordinate on-site interviews and recruiting process as well as be the main contact with candidates from initial contact to on-boarding with a focus on providing a great candidate experience.
• Contribute to company social media accounts to highlight open positions, upcoming branding and recruiting events, and company culture.
• Process pre-employment screenings for final candidates and draw up/extend final offers.
• Attend industry and professional associations meetings/events.
• Prepare new hire equipment and orientation materials and conduct new hire orientation meetings.
• Conduct additional recruiting tasks as necessary.
• Provide assistance to Office Manager with quarterly employee engagement events and activities plus, assist HR department with other special projects and tasks as needed.
• Some after hours and travel may be required, specifically during September, October and February, March.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a focus in business, management, human resources, psychology or relevant degree required.
• Ability to listen effectively and ask questions as appropriate.
• Ability to market and promote roles, employment opportunities and company culture.
• Able to collect and interpret data to evaluate effectiveness or failure of the recruitment system from position opening to on-boarding.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business memos and proposals.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Required knowledge of Microsoft Suite and social media posting procedures.
• Preferred knowledge of ATS system(s), LinkedIn Recruiter.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional presentation, oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated and self-directed.
• Problem solver with ability to think through and solve problems that may arise.
• Excellent organizational skills: prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Strong adaptability and able to effectively handle changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality with all HR related items and employees.
• Required experience of 2-4 years of corporate and/or campus recruiting or closely related experience
• Preferred Experience in campus recruitment and recruitment of entry-level talent.
• Proven ability to develop and implement a recruiting strategy with successful results.
• Event planning experience.