This position is closed. View fresh open jobs here.
The Axios Charlotte is the fastest-growing source of local news, analysis and things to do in a booming metropolitan area. Every month, over 500,000 savvy people rely on the Axios Charlotte to live smarter, more connected local lives. We’re profitable and have been covered by Digiday, Poynter and Harvard’s NiemanLab as a future model for local media.
We are seeking a talented freelance writer/shooter to cover residential real estate in Charlotte. We’re looking for a self-starter. People who need bureaucracy and defined instructions, please do not apply.
Who you are:
• You have deep knowledge in Charlotte residential real estate. You’re obsessed with homes for sale, open houses, listing prices, architecture, residential construction, design, hot neighborhoods and urban planning.
• You love to execute and you’re not scared. Sure, you have great ideas — but more importantly you know how to bring these ideas to market.
• You hate talking about stuff, you love doing stuff and getting the scoop from newsmakers.
• You’re self-directed. We will coach you but will not hold your hand. The Agenda is one of the fastest-growing local media companies in the United States; our team simply doesn’t have time to hold hands.
• You have a rolodex. Although not required, we’d love for you to have a rolodex of interior designers, builders and real estate agents.
• You’ve produced media. Although not required, we’d love for you to have experience shooting photos/video, photo editing and writing.
• It’s a plus if you’re familiar with the work of curbed.com and how they package and cover real estate.
This is a paid, work from home freelance position. Depending on your schedule and background, we’ll set up the right type of relationship.