PR and Social Media Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Working with the Director of Communications, the PR and Social Media Manager will develop and implement a strategic public relations plan that aims to increase brand awareness, trial and advocacy for our solutions and accomplish other key communications objectives. Collaborating cross-functionally with marketing, communications, branding, digital, content and senior leadership, you will ensure a coordinated approach to all public relations and social media activities.
Working with and managing external public relations agencies (globally), you are responsible for drafting and editing media materials, including press releases, pitches, editorial, bylined articles, key messages, fact sheets and talking points and harnessing the power of social media to further engage with the media, industry influencers, and company followers.
Major roles and responsibilities:
• Develop successful PR campaigns that drive results and support key business objectives.
• Develop story angles and prepare supporting materials; collaborate with the marketing, content and other internal departments to uncover newsworthy story initiatives.
• Map content and editorial strategies that support internal and external communications initiatives.
• Collaborate with a global PR team to help drive and support a worldwide PR plan.
• Develop and direct global press release schedule.
• Pitch and place proactive media stories and manage incoming press inquiries; develop strategic media responses that convey brand messages and the most current product innovations.
• Drive and execute thought leadership opportunities; identify editorial opportunities and manage process for submitting byline articles.
• Develop and manage relationships with business and industry media.
• Prepare professional media briefing materials for executive press interviews, including key messages, talking points and quotes, and coordinate interviews.
• Serve as informed, professional company spokesperson when required.
• Analyze and interpret data to continually evolve public relations strategy.
• Aid in the development of a platform and content strategy for social.
• Develop and syndicate appropriate PR and marketing content across social platforms for cohesive, coordinated .messaging; maintain consistent brand across all social media properties.
• Create and manage day-to-day social media properties, including monitoring comments and directing them through appropriate channels for follow up if necessary.
• Partner with marketing, branding, content and digital teams to create, coordinate and maintain editorial calendar of content to be shared via social properties.
• Assist in evaluating, planning, organizing and contributing social media content.
• Engage in the social community by following, commenting in the Corning “voice” and liking other industry-relevant posts.
• Experiment with new ways of leveraging social properties to build followers and convert them to sales leads.
• Analyze and interpret data to continually evolve social media communications.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Journalism.
• 7-10 years of experience in Public Relations; 3+ years with social media.
• PR leader with a strong background and proven ability in public relations, communications and brand work in a parent and sub-parent brand environment.
• Creative and versatile writing style, technology experience a plus.
• Ability to effectively distill complex technology concepts, business strategies and industry trends into compelling PR and social media campaigns.
• Impeccable communication skills.
• Exceptional copy editing and proofing skills.
• Social media strategy and management expertise.
• Cross-functional team experience.
• Maintain media lists.
• Manage editorial calendar.
• Crisis communications experience preferred.
• Experience managing outside agencies.
• Strong interpersonal and management skills; diplomatic and resourceful.
• Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure in an environment of constant change and shifting priorities.
• Meticulous attention to detail and strong preparation and organizational skills.
• Project management and multitasking a must.
• Understanding of what it takes to build, nurture and maintain a strong brand; creative story-telling.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally; collaborative and inclusive; work independently.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.