Part-Time Program Coordinator (HIRED)
As a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit, our mission is to inspire choices that lead to a healthier and more vibrant community for generations to come across Greater Charlotte. To achieve our mission we focus on three key strategies – Educate, Engage and Unite. We educate the public about the value to our community of sustainability and how it is achieved, including the best ideas and practices from other cities around the country. We provide opportunities for increased public engagement in the discussions and decisions that determine our future’s sustainability. We unite citizens, businesses, nonprofits, public agencies and academic institutions to develop shared visions, goals, and strategies for a sustainable region.
Sustain Charlotte is seeking an individual to serve as the Program Coordinator for a high energy, fast-paced team. The Program Coordinator will assist the Program Director with all aspects of Sustain Charlotte’s programmatic work including advocacy, neighborhood-based partnerships and other initiatives. The successful candidate will have an inquisitive mind and the ability to distill complex information into clear, well-written blog posts, e-mails and other communications. The Program Coordinator will also provide planning and support for Sustain Charlotte’s events and outreach opportunities. This person should have enthusiasm for and the ability to communicate Sustain Charlotte’s mission and programs with tact, sincerity, persuasion and passion, and have the ability to work with confidential information. This position reports to the Program Director and is located in Charlotte, NC. This is a part-time (20-25 hours per week) position.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Advocacy and programs
• Work collaboratively with staff to develop and implement strategies to advance Sustain Charlotte’s mission by assisting the Program Director in managing priorities of all programmatic work.
• Attend government meetings and quickly draft informative, persuasive blog posts summarizing outcomes.
• Evaluate progress towards programmatic goals and contribute to the preparation of reports that are presented to the Board and senior staff.
• Represent Sustain Charlotte at neighborhood and community meetings, give presentations and work with stakeholders to implement our programs.
• Prepare materials needed for program meetings.
• Maintain updated and accurate educational and outreach materials.
• Draft program spotlight stories for websites and newsletter.
• Assist in executing public relations plans for programs and campaigns.
• Assist in the execution of (and in some cases lead) neighborhood-based meetings.
• Support the Marketing Coordinator in recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers to assist with program work and outreach events.
Data entry and reporting
• Maintain updated project and program status reports.
• Assist in tracking due dates of grant reports and proposals.
• Support the Program Director and Development Director in researching new programmatic grant opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication, including the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, compelling text free of grammatical and punctuation errors.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills, comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
• Experience using online services and other data sources to conduct research.
• Proficiency in using spreadsheets, MS office, Google Drive and Power Point.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong logistical and database skills.
• Commitment to the mission of Sustain Charlotte.
• Ability to work some special events and meetings occurring on weeknights and weekends.
• We offer a comfortable work environment in a small office in Charlotte’s vibrant South End neighborhood. We encourage our employees to commute by walking, bicycling or riding public transit instead of driving.
• This position will require some work in the evenings and on weekends to attend community events and meetings.
• Some in-town travel will be required.
• High volume of public contact.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.