Executive Director (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
By nurturing an intentionally inclusive high impact entrepreneurship ecosystem, the Charlotte Regional Fund for Entrepreneurship (CRFE) accelerates, enhances and elevates innovation and entrepreneur success in the Charlotte region. The CRFE provides shared services to entrepreneur organizations and connects entrepreneurs to resources, relationships, talent, and capital to enable innovators, makers, and creators to reach their highest potential.
The Executive Director is responsible for execution of the CRFE mission through strategy implementation, fundraising, volunteer development and outreach. In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for leading the creation and implementation of a multi-year vision for entrepreneurship that directly addresses Goal 2 of the Charlotte Regional Economic Development Strategic Plan. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Stakeholder Engagement – Work closely with stakeholders including City/Region, Chamber and entrepreneur support organizations to advance objectives and build collaborative networks.
• Organization Development – Work closely with the board of directors to foster a sustainable organizational structure, increase organizational capacity, develop impactful programs and engage volunteers.
• Strategy Development & Planning – Facilitate development and implementation of strategic direction and plans, including the identification of and accountability for specific deliverables.
• Vendor/Partner Management – Provide oversight of major vendor relationships where not explicitly owned by other partner entities.
• Advocacy – Cultivate relationships with investors, innovators, the media and the business community to champion entrepreneurship activities.
• Advisory – Provide strategic advice and counsel to the board of directors, financial partners and a targeted group of entrepreneurs/innovators.
• Increased number of start ups.
• Leveraged proven industry clusters.
• Amplified potential for venture capital.
• Strengthened innovation capacity.
• Identified roles/actions needed from stakeholders and corporate partners.
• Lobbied and advocated for entrepreneur-friendly legislation and public policy.
• Created and communicated value propositions for entrepreneurship support in the Charlotte region.
• BA/BS degree.
• Credible and proven leader within Charlotte’s entrepreneur community.
• Connected to national and international entrepreneurship initiatives/organizations.
• Five to seven years of leadership experience, preferably within a corporate environment.
• Proven consensus builder and collaborator.
• Skilled in business and administrative operations.
• Strong marketing and communication capacity.
• Established track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation, public relation and stewardship.
• Demonstrated critical thinking aptitude.
• High level of emotional/social intelligence.
• Success in developing and implementing strategic plans.
Please send resume and salary requirements to Dave Jones, CRFE Chair, at [email protected].