Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests, restaurant staff and culinary production team.
Essential job functions:
• Greets and makes welcome each guest seated in assigned station.
• Maintains consistent portion control and passes regular pour tests.
• Mixes drinks according to prescribed recipes and keeps station stocked with all liquor, glasses and accessories necessary.
• Maintain current and accurate information regarding food menu (i.e. preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients and plate presentation).
• Maintain current and accurate information regarding available beverages (i.e. wine list, draft/bottled beers, liquors, signature cocktails, n/a beverages).
• Up-sells menu items in accordance with restaurant service standards and suggests items based on expressed guest preferences.
• Provides personalized service and uses guests’ names and preferences.
• Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system to ensure accurate preparation of product.
• Collects and accurately processes guest payments in accordance with established guidelines.
• Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
• Deep cleans restaurant equipment (tables, chairs, booths, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines) as scheduled or required.
• Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
• Completes assigned side work as directed.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Passionate about hospitality and working in the restaurant industry.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Previous bartender experience in a fine dining/upscale dining restaurant preferred.
• Previous bartender experience in a high volume restaurant/bar required.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must possess excellent customer service/communication skills.
• Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays needed.
• Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards.
Physical, mental and environmental demands:
• Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
• Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
• Must be able to lift trays with food (30 lbs.) above shoulder level.
• Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs.
• Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e. flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to four hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping counters and table tops.
• Must be able to work at a fast pace in a high energy environment.
• Prior Employment Verification.
• Education Verification.
• Social Security Trace.