Social Media Specialist
Spark is a strategic branding firm offering an integrated approach to advertising, marketing, public relations and social media to help businesses grow. For each client, we assemble a customized team of strategic planners, designers, web developers, media planners/buyers, PR professionals and social media specialists based on their needs. We do our best work by partnering with clients who are looking for a long-term relationship so we can immerse ourselves in their business, but we do project work as well. Our passion is helping businesses succeed!
The Social Media Specialist will work across multiple social platforms, implement various applications and report results on an array of social campaigns. This role requires vast knowledge of all social media development and usage and a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience. Your role will be an integral part of a larger strategic marketing plan.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and assist with the implementation of actionable strategies on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Yelp and TripAdvisor and other channels.
• Act as a community manager across all client platforms, consistently monitoring and concisely communicating with target audiences.
• Draft monthly content calendars.
• Work closely with graphic designer to execute social media creative needs.
• Plan and implement compelling social media campaigns for multiple clients, including, but not limited to, Facebook App development, Facebook Advertising/Ad Management and contests.
• Track and monitor the success of social media initiatives and provide monthly reports for clients.
• Develop and implement Facebook ad campaigns including targeting methods, copy and images and budget/timeline recommendations.
• Serve as an agency resource, educating clients and staff on effective social media campaigns, social analytics, new reporting or listening tools and industry trends.
• Monitor client competitors and trends.
• Update social media playbook regularly.
• Liaise with agency partners and digital influencers as needed.
• Establish social media strategy and brand voice for new clients.
• Participate in new business proposals and pitches when necessary.
• Regularly update project management software including time entry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or related field.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience and deep understanding of creating and executing impactful and engaging social media campaigns. Agency experience preferred.
• Vast knowledge of ins and outs of all relevant platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Yelp and TripAdvisor and new platforms as they arise.
• Experience in photo and/or video editing within a social context.
• Knowledge of social insights and social advertising insights.
• Background in crafting and managing paid social media campaigns.
• Familiar with social connectivity (i.e. linkage between proper social platforms).
• Strong copywriter with the ability to understand, adapt and execute use of brand voice and an exceptional attention to detail.
• Comfortable working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
• Hardworking, flexible individual with integrity and a positive attitude.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaborate as an effective team member.
• Flexible hours – nights, weekends and holidays.
• Comfortable presenting recommendations and results in face-to-face client meetings.
• Above all, must be focused on building relationships and have a passion for exceeding expectations and a love for learning.