Senior Finance & Reporting Manager (HIRED)
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
In December 2016, Passport was ranked #1 on Charlotte Business Journal’s Fast 50 list of fastest growing Charlotte companies. The company is reimagining the transit and parking experience with a suite of SaaS platforms for our clients and mobile applications for end users. Our software platform enables governments to improve operational efficiency for parking and transit operations through smart technology for payments, management and reporting. By leveraging online and mobile services, leaders are able to access rich data that generate insights that drive better revenue, eliminate waste in the system, and improve outcomes for citizens.
Passport’s product lines–parking payments, transit payments, enforcement and permit management–collectively serve to deliver dynamic tools for agencies to better connect with their communities. Its services have been adopted by over 20 of the top 50 cities in North America and over 2,000 locations including Chicago, Toronto, Boston, Portland and Miami. Passport’s mission is to reduce operational complexity and deliver intelligent data to improve decision making for its clients.
About the role:
Are you highly experienced in accounting and financial reporting and want to join the fastest growing technology company in Charlotte? Reporting to the VP of Finance, as Senior Finance and Reporting Manager at Passport, you will be focused on a range of tactical and strategic financial areas of the business, and you’ll do this in our incredibly fast-paced, exciting and constantly changing environment. You will dig into the details on various initiatives and help our current team transform the finance function, positioning it to scale with our rapid growth. Exceeding our clients’ expectations and deadlines is our goal. Our customers are both our internal customers (the leadership team and the Board) as well as our external clients, such as municipalities and private parking operators. You will discover and develop new ways to do things faster and more efficiently, starting with driving improvements in our financial close process. This role will help us get at our data and results quicker and with greater accuracy to help provide the visibility that the leadership team needs to make strategic decisions. You will create and interpret reports that provide departmental results versus budgets, operational KPI data, leadership/Board reports, and balance those activities with monthly close processes.
• Owning financial planning and reporting for the organization, and regularly finding ways to improve activities alongside the fast pace of business change to make our teams smarter everyday.
• Building reports to show actuals against budget on a regular cadence, along with reporting on critical operational KPIs.
• Helping support the financial close process on a monthly basis and working with our team to find better ways to operate.
• Preparing regular leadership and board level reports to drive intelligent decision-making across the organization.
• Using strong analysis and modeling to deliver insights to the leadership team.
• Seeking new, improved and innovative ways to increase effectiveness and proper execution of departmental operations and processes.
• Leading and/or participating in other ad-hoc finance related projects as needed.
• At least 10 years of experience in corporate finance, leading both the month end close process as well as business insight reporting and analytics (including KPIs).
• Experience with the month end close process, including having helped with billings, reconciliations and journal entries.
• Experience supporting the implementation of systems and tools to support reporting (i.e. ERP, BI).
• Experience supporting KPI reporting and building out leadership / board deck presentations.
• Experience collaborating with multiple organizations.
• The ability to understand and model an integrated P&L, B/S and Cash Flow. You are a rock star at Exel and financial models!
• Experience leading business modeling and analysis, and providing recommendations to leadership.
• Comfortable with the collaborative Google suite of products – Sheets, Drive, etc.
• Excellent organizational and communication (written, verbal and listening) skills.
• Keen attention to detail with a sense of urgency: nothing in the universe will get in the way of delivering your goals.
• Strong influencing skill.
• Private Equity or Venture Capital Fund accounting experience preferred.
• Having your CPA will be highly considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required, MBA is a plus.
• Experience in a rapid growth SaaS company is a plus.
You are an accounting and financial whiz and you can communicate with the best. Simply put, you have a good grasp of the finance continuum – from the financial close process to the business analytics that come out of it. People enjoy working with you, your team respects you, and you can bring clarity and value to complex situations with large amounts of data. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves and digging into our data and processes. You have no problem asking “is this the best way to do what we do and what is best for the company?”.
You are someone who thrives in a rapidly changing organization with rapid revenue growth. You love the intensity and constant change. You are bold – you understand that “business as usual” and “manual processes” just aren’t the right response. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solutions. You can balance short and long-term objectives and always hit your deadlines. You are passionate about technology and immerse yourself in the culture and are excited to contribute to Passport’s amazing growth goals. In short, you are a well-rounded finance rockstar.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or other category or classification protected by applicable law.