Director, Human Resources
This person will manage the HR function for the organization that involves strategic planning, all recruitment, compensation and recognition, training and development, employee relations and benefits administration in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
This organizational leader will provide support and recommendations to management for cost-effective ways to motivate staff and increase productivity and retention. Develop and enforce procedures and methods to attract, interview, screen and select employees who are most qualified to meet the United Way’s immediate and future needs. Coordinate orientation training and exit processes. Ensure that the training and development programs and policies develop the skills required to perform their jobs satisfactorily; and that enables United Way to have a qualified, trained workforce who can achieve its goals and objectives. Excellent employee relations skills are necessary with all levels of staff. Must perform administrative duties with regard to payroll, benefit plans, records maintenance, including working closely with Plan Administrator, CFO, and Executive Director. Perform work as necessary in audit compliance with the 403b retirement savings plan, workers compensation and other benefits as needed. Develop and monitor the Human Resources budget. This position has two direct reports.
• Bachelor of Arts degree, 5+ years’ experience with demonstrated skills in management, supervision and human resources.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff, management, the general public, agency professionals and volunteers.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent grasp of MS Office products and experienced in HRIS systems use.
• HR Certification required.